Download Career Public
30 sec. radio PSA
60 sec. radio PSA
30 sec. video PSA
60 sec. video PSA
| Home > Employment Opportunities|
As an O&P professional you can make a difference every day! Job opportunities abound throughout the country, and the need for orthotic and prosthetic professionals is increasing rapidly.
Where would you work?
Orthotists and prosthetists work in a variety of settings:
- Private practice
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Specialty clinics and home health settings
- Nursing homes
What percentages of graduates get employed?
Currently 100% of O&P program graduates find employment and most chose to make it a lifelong profession.
What salary can I expect to earn?
According to the 2009 (based on 2008 data) American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA) Operating Performance & Compensation Report, average compensation (base salary, bonus and commission) based on the following job titles is:
- $95,667 for an American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics (ABC) Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist with an average of 15 years experience.
- $48,214 for an ABC Registered Technician is with an average of 11 years experience.
- $38,581 for a Fitter is with an average of six years experience.
- $37,007 for a National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE) Resident is with an average of one year experience.
*Note: Compensation varies based on many factors, e.g., geographical location, years of experience, inclusion or exclusion of fringe benefits. Salary information for assistants was not included in the survey.
For a listing of residency sites by states go to: www.ncope.org